--------------------------------------------------------------------- From the Jason Scott / TEXTFILES.COM Printout Collection These are original linefeed printouts fed through a Optical Character Recognition system, with hand-editing done afterwards to clean issues with text rearrangement and OCR errors. The printouts are from a collection dating from 1983-1985, and were generally made on an Epson MX-80 Dot-Matrix printer connected to an IBM PC-XT. The Bulletin Board Systems and other services were located throughout the United States, and captured by Jason Scott, who can attest to their authenticity. Spelling errors, content and extraneous system information such as prompts and menu items have been left untouched. Errors and other artifacts of conversion to this format should be considered in determining the validity or historical context of statements in these printouts. Description: Message bases from unknown newly-created Citadel BBS (NY) Date: April, 1985 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 85April02 from SYSOP Hello all!! Welcome (finally) to our CITADEL. As you have noticed anyone can establish a password( Without verification...) this will be an open system for about a month or so. Then the doors will close and the good users will be able to get in and talk to the good users who are still here. Not to scare you, most people will be allowed to stay, but those distinct few, the 'trouble-makers' and generally useless people will have a hard time getting onto the BBS. Well that's my two bits for the day, lets see this bbs grow and grow!! 85April04 from SYSOP A quick hint, as it seems everyone is confused!: typing a period (.) will allow you to give citadel extended commands like: .R(ead) F(orward) or .E(nter) P(assword) etc. Type .h(elp) extended or .h(elp) commands for more info. Also a question mark (?) typed anywhere will Lobby> nread new 85April27 from MR. FREEZE To sysop: I must say that this bbs is very easy to learn how to use. I love it!!!!!!! It would be nice if you could make it a mult-user system. Again---- great bbs!!!! Keep up the good work. Bye 85April27 from Carl Haynes To:sysop first time on. Thanks 85Apri127 from Frank Roberts carl, You're not related to a Francis Haynes ARE you?? 85April127 from Rick To gab gilligan, I have a list of 914- bbs's just call me at 914-735-9036 and ask for rick and I will send them to you. 85April27 from Rick To the sysop , could you please give me a copy of citadel for my kaypro ii. My name is rick wiedenroth address: 11 south nauraushaun road state:ny city: pearl river zip: 10965. Telephone 735-9036 in a 914 area code. I can get apple software 85April27 from FAST EDDIE A name for this board? How about "Franks Dream come true BBS"? Later, Frank! 85April27 from MR. FREEZE Hi all, the last guy is right about using cb radios for conferences. If anyone else likes the idea, let me know and then we might be able to talk sometime. How 'bout it? Later dudes! 85April27 from Roger Tuttle About CB's...hmm...could be fun but sort of limited...maybe expanded with phone patching...Let me know if you want to do it. --Roger 85April27 from Max Headroom Oh boy, "chicken band"... Not real useful for us long-distance callers. Actually, I don't know if I'd wanna "go voice". Maybe you folks could think of another medium - perhaps low-frequency transmissions? (Low-fers!) 05April27 from Frank Roberts Well, If there are any Tech hams out there, we could meet on 2-meters.. BBMB! 85April27 from MR. FREEZE Hey mark, what's up. Long time no see! Give me a call when you see this message ......Ok? Talk to you later dude! 85April27 from MR. FREEZE Hi mark, since when do you need ibm software? Is it for randy? Give me a call sometime...Ok? Later! 85April27 from MR. FREEZE Hi all, I just thought I would give you my philosophy of 'life'. We are all put here to be tested. Everyone's performance is judged, and graded. If we stand up to god's tests without turning into a revengeful, hateful, and bitter human being, we will be granted admission into heaven ...Where we will experience pleasure and ultimate happiness forever! If we fail god's tests, we will be sent to hell...Where you would go through punishment beyond our comprehension. ( And this torture or punishment lasts forever ---------- think about that word "forever", it means never ending...Never!!! Heavy shit right? Just something to think about. Bye 85April27 from MR. FREEZE Hi all, does anyone know where I can get a cable tv box descrambler? I have a box now, that is programmed from the cable companies computer. They cut me off...I wwould like to know how I can re-set the electronics inside the box so I can get cable again. Adams-russle cable company uses a box that is set to descrable certain channels via a separate coax cable going into the box. The box is fed two coax cables...One for the actual channel....And the other to set the internal circuit to descramble certain channels (only the ones you pay for). Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And do any of you have adams-russel cable service? If so I would appreciate any help given to myself. If you can help me, please leave me mail ok? Thanks, mr. Freeze 85April27 from Roger Tuttle Mr. Freeze, I know how to fix your problem. For me to do this I have to know about your box, how it is opened, and the chip layout. If you can get these for me I can probably give you all the help you need. ==Roger 05April27 from The DataMaster Which Addams-Russell System Are you on? There are 23 Systems that They Own They Are: 1. Yorktown Somers Area. 2. Bedford Mt. Kisco Area 3. Portchester Area. What Type Do You have? Do you Have The Box with a Knob on it, the New Jerrold Boxes With a 3 Way Switch, The Old Jerrold With With a 2 Way Switch or the Remote control One. My Guess is that you are in the Portchester Area Because The Bedford System And The Yorktown System Are Relitively Screwed Up... Have a nice day! 85April27 from The Joker Here's a funny one: "Inventions have long-since reached their limit, and I see no hope for further developments" - Julius Frontius Rome, 10ad 85April27 from Frank Roberts "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." --A.A. Milne BBMB! 85April27 from The DataMaster Although True The VAX is Not a Micro, I am Curious To Know What is A Real Computer Besides an Apple Macintosh. (In your opinion) Personally I Don't Know if you Could Name one Because You keep on Going on other rooms on the system (I.E. IBM) and saying Get a Real Computer! Now The IBM is Far From Perfect But it's a Nice computer! The Mac Is A Real Computer but That is not Perfect too. In my opinion There are Tons Of real computer s out there, After All It's Not the Computer That Counts, It's the User. I have seen Many People with Fat Macs and IBM-PC Xt's Who Do nothing But play games on their Computer. IOn the other Hand I have Seen Some TRS-80 Color Computer owners turn their Computer into a Working Multiuser System. Now Who is The Real Computer Owner In that Case??? also Not All of here have been as Nutty to use a computer for X Number of Years (like You or I), So they Don't Know as Much Why Critisize Them Because of it. If someone has a Question about Programming Why Should We Crack on Them Because the Question is Relitively Simple??? If you Wish to Go on Cracking on Everyone or This Argument Please Leave it to me in mail. (This Is starting to Get out of hand) 73's 85April27 from The Joker Any help on Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy would be appreachiated (whatever). The Joker 85April27 from Battle Axe Oliver has an ibm 6000 & a banana jr. [6000]7 Limekiller & opus '84 85April27 from Max Headroom ...but that's ILLEGAL!